Many thanks to Danicapiche. I should probably write some more but I don’t seem to have the words. It is nice to be nominated. 🙂
What is the Liebster Award?
The word “liebster” (originating in German) has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued. In the current context, this award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers.
What are the rules for the Liebster Award?
The rules for the Liebster Award have changed over time and I’m approaching them with some flexibility.
Here are the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter.
- Nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 Random facts about me:
- After eleven years I seem to have finally acclimated to Israel.
- I am in the process of cataloguing all of my English books on index cards.
- I am allergic to acrylic clothing.
- I hate first-person shooter video games.
- I have knitted for myself cotton socks in safety orange.
- I still do not understand my dog. Never had any trouble understanding animals, just her.
- My youngest son is humongous.
- I miss living with goats.
- My hair is going white.
- My life is the best it has ever been, and it keeps getting better.
- I have too many computers.
- Would you travel to Mars? Yes
- If you could be born into history as any famous person who would you be and why? Harriet Tubman – after a rocky start, she lived a good, long life and helped a lot of people
- What is the longest you’ve gone without sleep? Days – I’ve no idea how many
- You discover an island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule that you implement? No killing one another
- If you could spend one week attending any special events (music/sports/ballet/show dogs/anything) what is your itinerary? Can I join the iditarod? It is longer than one week, though..
- What is your favorite word? I don’t know that I have one.
- What would you like to be doing one year from now? Dancing on the moon – after taking a long bath. 🙂
- What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it? On my left foot, I was burned by molten lead in high school.
- What is the last song you listened to? I have no idea. The last one I remember was מי שמאעמים לא מפכד – Who Believes Does Not Fear
- Do you like thunderstorms? As long as there is someplace warm and dry I can get to
- What is a question that you’d be afraid to answer truthfully? The only question I can think of is one I am not going to write here. Otherwise, not afraid of questions.
The instructions say to nominate eleven people, but I just don’t seem to be any good at that. It takes more brain/time/energy than I can manage. It seems unfair, like I shouldn’t participate if I’m not willing to pass it on. But I am taking a leap of faith and doing this regardless. Please don’t hate me.
Just in case anyone wants to do this, consider yourself nominated, and here are eleven questions for you:
- Do you have a favourite book? if so, what is it?
- Do you write anything besides a blog? Please include a link if any of it is online
- What sort of extreme weather are you most afraid of?
- Assuming it was possible, what other planet would you like to visit?
- Who would you most dislike your son or daughter to bring home as a prospective partner?
- Hat or no hat?
- Walking on the beach, sandals or closed shoes?
- If you could learn any foreign language fluently (with no effort, and assuming it is one you don’t already know) what would it be?
- Name a person who has been an inspiration to you.
- Movies or television?
- What quote would you like to share with everyone?